The Revenue Accountant role primarily will be responsible for all revenue accounting activities to ensure revenue is recognized in the appropriate periods. This person will oversee the end to end revenue process in SAP for multiple countries and expected to have in-depth knowledge of US GAAP including but not limited to ASC606, ASC842, Principal vs Agent principles, etc. and the ability to apply to business scenarios, correspond with business partners and vendors timely and professionally.
Founded in 1952, Bio-Rad has developed into a recognized global leader in the growing life science research and clinical diagnostics markets. We have built a strong team of over 8,000 employees and a robust network of operations that serves over 150,000 customers worldwide.
Bio-Rad employees share a common mission: To “Advance discovery and improve lives.”
- Sales Cutoff Reviews for Products, Services and Installable instruments to ensure Revenue is recognized in the correct period
- Analysis of Revenue Reserves such as Sales Return Allowance, CMDM Reserve, warranty reserves
- Reagent Rental Contract Review to ensure compliance with US GAAP Lease Accounting standards
- Sales Contract Review to ensure terms of agreements don't require accounting adjustments
- Royalty Contract Oversight for both US and EMEA contracts to include contract review, accruals, processing payments and working cross functionally with business partners such as legal and product marketing to ensure BioRad is in compliance with all agreements
- Distributor Commission Contract Oversight for EMEA contracts to include contract review, accruals, processing payments and working with business partners to ensure BioRad is in compliance with all agreements
- Corporate Reporting and Reconciliation oversight
- Ensuring Internal and External Audit compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required. CPA preferred but not required
- Languages: Fluent in English
- 3-5 years General Ledger Accounting Experience required, direct revenue accounting experience preferred
- 1-2 years Customer Contract Review experience including identifying and documenting revenue related performance obligations
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Previous experience working with a US GAAP company preferred
- Knowledge of the following applications a plus: SAP, PowerBI, Business Objects(BA), HFM, Salesforce, ESA, SQL and Cadency
- Strong Excel skills a must and knowledge of Powerquery tool a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, communication skills for interacting with other individual team contributors, business partners, and management.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP accounting guidance (ASCC606, ASC842, Principal vs Agent, software revenue accounting, licensing, etc) and internal SOX controls required
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced work environment
What Bio-Rad can offer to You:
- A dynamic environment where your innovative ideas are always welcome
- A collaborative community where your professional goals and work are supported by encouraging supervisors
- Competitive salary and cafeteria
- Annual bonus
- Private Health Care Services – unlimited examinations, checkups in numerous specialties free of charge
- Life and accident insurance
- Employee Referral Program with remarkable referral bonus
- Hybrid working model (3 days onsite - 2 days home office)