- PhD or Master Degree in statistics, computer science or mathematics or similar quantitative field with 3-5 years’ experience.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, computer science or mathematics with at least 6+ years’ experience.
- Fluency at least 2 of the following: R, Python, Java, C, C++, Go, Scala, SQL, Bash.
- Version Control with Git.
- At least 2 years of experience with big data platforms including Hadoop, Hive, Spark.
- At least 2 years of experience with at least one of the following: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform.
- Deep understanding of the mathematical and theoretical foundations of search technologies, statistical analysis and machine learning.
- Strong practical and applied knowledge of data retrieval and analysis techniques including Search, descriptive statistics, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, NLP, deep learning.
- Knowledge of biomedical domain literature resources (e.g., PubMed, PubMed Central, ontologies, controlled vocabularies) and tools (BioPython, BioConductor, BLAST, Muscle) a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; comfortable communicating with senior levels of both business and technology leadership.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.