Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,250 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results
Your new position
The ddPCR Sales and Support Specialist holds the responsibility for droplet digital PCR Analyser business in UK, Netherlands, Belgium & Luxembourg.
- Partnering with the local Account Managers and FAS team, the ddPCR Specialist will generate, qualify and help closing sales opportunities
- Provide regular technical and scientific training both internally to Account Managers and FAS and externally to end user customers through various channels
- To drive strong business growth and increase market share using industry knowledge
- To become an active member of the ddPCR community and relating knowledge and intelligence gained to Product Management and Division
- Help direct local sales and marketing efforts, help design literature, contribute regularly to internal discussions on the market trends and contribute to regional sales and marketing plans via Marketing and Sales plans
- Commercial sales target associated with this role for which the ddPCR Specialist will take responsibility for achieving in association with local Account Managers, local Field Applications Specialists and Sales Management
Job Duties include, but aren’t limited to:
- Represent the Company professionally, ethically, and morally at all times
- Develop a strong technical and commercial knowledge of ddPCR principles, applications, processes and market trends & challenges
- Develop a market segment specific plan and execution to meet sales quotas with Sales Managers
- Delivery of technical seminars and presentations on Bio-Rad ddPCR solutions to demonstrate role and relevance of the technology in the following market segments: Pharma, Biotech: Discovery, Toxicology, Clinical Development, QA/QC, Academic labs & Clinical Research laboratories
- Command of scientific knowledge to engage in collaborations with Key Opinion Leaders
- Qualify new leads with Account Managers
- Develop and maintain strong customer connections at various levels in the organisations
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with internal, cross-functional colleagues
- Time Management skills will be key as this is a field based role
- Ability to self-start and organise one’s own diary
- Populate the CRM database SFDC with meeting notes and opportunities
- Maintain a healthy pipeline of opportunities.
How you will succeed
- 3 to 5 years commercial experience with Real Time PCR technologies
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biology or Life Science discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a Specialist or overlay function desirable
- Strong technical background in Real Time and/or dd PCR - history of working in ddPCR laboratory environment desirable
- Professional with proven ability to network at all levels within the customer organisations and in the broader marketplace
- Demonstrated track record in lead generation and prospecting and qualifying leads
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management, communication, multi-tasking and organisational skills
- Strong informatics skills; expertise in customising presentations and using Excel
- Strong desire to drive business and establish long term customer relationships and loyalty
- Self-motivated individual who enjoys a challenging, relatively unstructured and dynamic work environment
- Strong organisation and planning skills are essential/ Car Driver
As a field based role the expectation is 4 days per week in customer facing activity. Travel time across region is expected to be 66% UK and 34% BNL, although must be flexible to follow opportunity.
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday including extra day for Birthdays
- Onsite parking available with immediate access to Watford Train Station
- As a permanent member of the team we offer Pension matched up to 8%, BUPA cover extending to family, Life Insurance & Childcare Vouchers.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply’ with an updated CV. If this role isn’t right for you then please ‘Refer a Friend’ as part of our Employee Referral Program.
*Bio-Rad does not accept agency CVs, unless the agency has been authorised by a Bio-Rad Recruitment Specialist. We have a zero tolerance policy therefore we will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.