- BS degree or equivalent in a directly related discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Bioinformatics, etc.).
- 5+ years’ experience in relevant discipline.
- Hands-on software development experience with Python and Java.
- Experience with AWS and Azure.
- Experienced with relational and non-relational databases.
- Quick learner with the ability to understand complex workflows and develop and validate innovative solutions to solve difficult problems.
- Experience with test automation: TDD, unit/integration/functional testing.
- Experience using Agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A team-oriented contributor that aims to enhance the effectiveness of their colleagues.
- Strong solution finding, prioritization skills and attention to detail; Embraces and endorses change.
- Not required but highly desirable:
- Familiarity with genomics databases such as Ensembl, NCBI Entrez, dbSNP, RefSeq, UCSC Genome Browser.
- Familiarity with PCR assay design tools such as Primer3 and Blast.
- Familiarity with building, deploying, and supporting an enterprise-scale web application in the cloud.
- Experience building REST APIs.
- Understanding of PCR and NGS technologies.
- Understanding of FDA, CE/IVD, CLIA, ISO, or CLSI standards is a plus.
- A strong desire to learn skills as needed: molecular biology, statistics, thermodynamics, etc.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.