Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,250 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Your new position
Field Sales Role supporting the South UK Account Managers with technical and application support and instrument demonstrations for the Imaging & Chromatography range of products, at all stages of the selling process.
- Support a team of Account Managers. Providing solutions to both reagent & system based problems in a sales and customer orientated environment, conduct or coordinate on site customer demonstrations, customer product training and troubleshooting the product range.
- Initiate and coordinate sales activity. Work together with the local Account Managers to maximize sales potential to achieve or exceed target for a dedicated range of products (Imaging & Chromatography instruments and consumables). Actively follow sales leads, provide information and/or quotations to customers
- Develop Market awareness and help to build future sales pipeline. Work together with local account managers, sales management and European marketing teams to develop a tactical plan of action to build future pipeline and grow revenue both from existing and new customers. Activities will involve customer visits, seminars, conferences, exhibitions
- Investigate customer complaints alongside technical support including monitoring customer satisfaction. Collect Market information providing market intelligence on competitor and major account activities, local changes in the market place. Update sales management on key opportunities and implement new product training to account managers and internal personnel
- To update relationship management systems (SFDC & ServiceMax) as part of daily activity to ensure customer details, visit reports and tasks are recorded
- Optimise own work efficiency by coordinating with all necessary partners, align all activities at the customer site with the rest of the company. Partner with other Field Application Specialists and European Marketing team for the purpose of lead sharing and revenue optimisation
How you will succeed
- Background in Life Science
- Detailed Planning and organization skills.
- Ability to travel across South UK territory/ some travel across UK North and across Europe may be required
- Strong Laboratory background in Western Blotting/Chromatography. Selling & presentation skills and determination to succeed. Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good IT skills with MS Office, SAP experience desirable
- 3+ years successful sales experience, preferably within a Life Science company
- Protein Purification experience preferred
- Local driver´s license
- Some Moderate to heavy equipment lifting during demos, occasional overnight stay
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday including extra day for Birthdays
- Onsite parking available with immediate access to Watford Train Station
- As a permanent member of the team we offer Pension matched up to 8%, BUPA cover extending to family, Life Insurance & Childcare Vouchers.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply’ with an updated CV. If this role isn’t right for you then please ‘Refer a Friend’ as part of our Employee Referral Program.
*Bio-Rad does not accept agency CVs, unless the agency has been authorised by a Bio-Rad Recruitment Specialist. We have a zero tolerance policy therefore we will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.