The role of the QLB Sales Specialist is to strengthen our market intelligence, customer coverage and reach out to potential IVD markets so that the company can secure the businesses and meet business targets.
- Initiate and coordinate sales activities. Work together with the regional & global marketing and local sales teams, and distributors to maximize sales potential to achieve or exceed target for the digital PCR instruments and consumables.
- Activities involve customer visits, seminars, conferences, exhibitions, etc.
- Coordinate with marketing team on application opportunities and timelines.
- Develop and implement an effective sales plan, including definition of market segment, prioritization of opportunities and roadmap to achieve plan.
- Collect market information providing market intelligence on competitor and major account activities, local changes in the market place, customer needs, and new trends, including monitoring customer satisfaction, competitor activity, new customer needs and sales support materials, highlight opportunities, assessing market potential, identifying and developing new business opportunities.
- Develop and manage directly the key ddPCR accounts to get VOCs from them and translate VOCs into actionable items.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree in Life Science; Masters or Ph.D preferred in Biology, Biochemistry, or Molecular Biology
- 7 - 10 years of work related experience in a similar life science discipline.
- Strong understanding of Molecular Biology techniques including PCR/qPCR/ddPCR assay mechanics
- Strong fundamental understanding of key aspects related to Digital PCR instrumentation and applications (workflow, reagents, assay design and data analysis).
- Ability to design, develop, run and analyze wet chemistry digital PCR experiments.
- Hands on practical NGS experience a plus.