This position will be responsible for:
- Acting as application expert to develop and deliver application solution to customers.
- Overseeing the day to day activities of LSG application and technical support team to meet customers’ needs.
- Coordinating travel of LSG FAS to ensure optimal use of resources, while managing costs
- providing technical and application support for Bio-Rad’s existing customers, including onsite and remote support where appropriate.
- Be involved in pre-sales support activities, supporting sales and marketing and co-coordinating the FAS team into these activities.
- Co-ordinating FAS resources to support installation and training for internal and external customers.
- Working closely with the FAS supervisor to develop team members to achieve high levels of performance and engagement
Technical support and team leadership
- Responsible for management of daily activities within the LSG FAS team.
- Overseeing the utilization of the FAS team in the field on a weekly basis by reviewing and challenging SFDC calendar for the team, where appropriate
- Planning demonstrations, troubleshooting visits, assisting with sales and marketing activities, and seminars to support sales team in the field
- Scheduling of resources to support the Queue, when CTS is unavailable
- Overseeing the allocation of application issues from CTS to FAS team to ensure workload is shared among the team
- Liaising with FAS supervisor, CTS and service admin to ensure jobs are being completed in a timely manner
- Work with customer service and logistics in ensuring products are sent out to allow for timely installation and training, at a time convenient to the customer and Biorad
- Assist the FAS Supervisor with the development of LSG FAS team KPI’s in-line with Bio-Rad’s processes.
- Assist the FAS Supervisor with organising, and providing training, to individuals across the FAS team to maintain their technical and competitive knowledge, and build redundancy in technical knowledge, of products and product groups.
- Providing high-end technical, and application support to customers and the company within the Pacific region to ensure that customer satisfaction is achieved
- Act as front line support to designated instrument installations for customer training, Bio-Rad staff training and use of associated products
- Liaise with Service Dept to ensure instruments meet specifications and that appropriate levels of maintenance and service is achieved
- Coordinate the installation of LSG instruments throughout Pacific, either by FAS or Service dept, in consultation with FAS Supervisor
- Ensure the technical support process is carried out to support customer issues.
Sales Support –
- Provide pre-sales support to the sales team when required, in the form of demonstrations, seminars, workshops etc.
- Provide support to marketing activities that require high level technical support to Product Managers during BRMs, conferences, roadshows and seminars etc…
- Responsible to coordinating FAS team to support in planning, evaluations, demonstrations, installations and post sales support for LSG products.
- Identify and liaise with sales to generate sales lead or opportunities to expand the business or retain customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that any customer and/or market feedback is passed onto the relevant sales and marketing people.
- Assist in identification of key customer reference sites and support appropriately to retain and build relationship
- Take responsibility for the support of additional product ranges wherever appropriate. Details to be set out as products become available
- It is expected that 60% of the time is spent in the field along with the rest of the FAS team
- Liaise with marketing and division support personnel to ensure that up to date product information is communicated
- Advise on and recommend product marketing strategies including promotion, advertising, pricing and distribution and join relevant industry societies
- Liaise with FAS Supervisor and Product Manager in the formulation of sales strategies
- Along with the FAS team be involved in relevant workshops, conferences and seminars
- Manage relationships with key opinion leaders across product portfolio where required
- Achieve sales, marketing and financial objectives for relevant products
- Work with Products Managers and advise on maintenance of inventory levels so that the company and customer expectations are met
Promote maximum usage of Bio-Rad products on all systems in all customer sites
- Along with FAS Supervisor, responsible for the initial and ongoing technical training of sales representatives in the relevant product areas
- Ensure that customer sites are effectively trained on Bio-Rad systems
- Ensure LSG FAS competency matrix is maintained, and relevant training is offered to keep the team up to date with technical product information
- Responsible for the maintenance of technical files and information as well as maintaining a customer and prospect database
- Ensure FAS team are consistently logging product complaints through proper channels
- Ensure utilisation of SFDC for recording of any relevant customer information
- Ownership of the Technical Support process for Applications issues within LSG team.
- Ensure team operates in a compliant manner at all times.
- Manage and maintain training records for LSG FAS
- Ensure KPIs are set correctly each year and are SMART objectives
- Implement and regularly review an Individual Development Plan
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (SKA):
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven customer relationship building skills
- initiative to improve processes,
- Independent, proactive effort to help drive sales
- Ability to influence others.
- Understanding of financial and reporting requirements
- Comfortable and competent in a selling environment
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Results driven
- High level of skills in computer literacy and software usage
Minimum Education Required – Degree in Biomedical/Biosciences or Medical
Preferred Education –
- PhD in Science or Marketing/Business qualifications
- Membership of relevant associations and learned societies
- Excellent technical and practical knowledge of technologies used in Life Sciences
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with proven track records as a Life Science FAS
- Previous experience in managing a team
- Hands on experience with BioPlex or other bead based immunoassay technologies for research purposes.
- Some experience with Chromatography would also be well regarded.
- Proven ability to prepare, implement and monitor business/marketing plans
- Good working knowledge of life science
- Knowledge of the “Sale Process”