Founded in 1952, Bio-Rad has developed into a recognized global leader in the growing life science research and clinical diagnostics markets. We’ve built a strong team of over 8,000 employees and a robust network of operations that serves over 150,000 customers worldwide. Bio-Rad employees share a common mission: To “Advance discovery and improve lives.” It’s who we are and what we do.
In order to support Bio-Rad and our successful future growth we are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make significant contribution within our dynamic and growing international team. The role itself can be located field-based in Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
We are looking for a
Sales Specialist Life Science (m/f/d)
Tasks & Accountabilities
Assisting the sales team by moving qualified leads through the sales funnel, moving opportunities from demo to install and providing post-installation customer support. Propose creative solutions to develop customers’ interest, address customers’ needs and help close sales opportunities.
- Conducting seminars, workshops, trainings and attending other promotional events to create awareness of the Cell Biology product line and to build Bio-Rad’s position as an expert leader in this technology.
- Acting as a product expert.
- Troubleshooting issues related to users' technical skills, experimental design, software and instrument usage.
- Developing sales strategies with the CE Sales Management Team and Marketing Managers and driving tactical activities in the field by working with local sales representatives. This is including the identification of target accounts and opinion leaders as part of the strategy.
- Developing established relationship with KOLs across Central Europe around the technology.
- Providing feedback regarding customer observations, trends and future needs to Marketing and Product Development Teams.
- M. S. degree in Biology, Biotechnology including modules on Flow cytometry / Immunology / Cell Biology (Ph.D. preferred). Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a life science or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience in the Life Science Industry, including laboratory experience of cell sorting and analytical flow cytometry in a research or clinical lab.
- Successful sales experience in the area of Life Science research instrumentation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a life science or related field.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Excellent German language skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Effective negotiator
- Ability to build a good rapport with customers and partners
- Ability to produce results while working with multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to operate effectively across cultures and with diverse functions.
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization.
- Requires extensive travel – including overnights.
This is exactly what you are looking for?
We look forward to receiving your application. Please apply online (in English language) and upload your CV and a letter of motivation incl. the earliest start date and your salary expectations.
Bio-Rad is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Bio-Rad to transmit and store your information in the companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this job.