Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,250 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results
Your new position
The primary responsibility of the Customer Technical Support is to handle first level technical support to customers with a high professional level. This relates to all technology, to include: instruments, applications, reagents, consumables, general software and hardware as well as product portfolio specific software and hardware.
The successful candidate will be responsible for fulfilling specific targets and also for contributing to smooth running of the day to day support operation.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems on the company’s product portfolio.
- Respond to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support
- Document, track, and monitor cases daily to ensure compliance and timely resolutions
- Prioritize multiple issues and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Ensure cases are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate cases that require 2nd level support
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support
- Help with training and development
- Complete paperwork and forms
How you will succeed
- Bachelor or education in immune-haematology, blood typing or blood transfusion or other related field. Preferably work experience in a routine lab, -could be hospital or research lab
- Being Service minded and having a “can do attitude”
- Experience with customer service or customer facing work
- Experience working in a compliant and regulated environment
- Experience within an Accredited laboratory
- Excellent MS Office skills including use of CRM systems
- Good communication skills with a confident telephone manner
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday including extra day for Birthdays
- Onsite parking available with immediate access to Watford Train Station
- As a permanent member of the team we offer Pension matched up to 8%, BUPA cover extending to family, Life Insurance & Childcare Vouchers.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply’ with an updated CV. If this role isn’t right for you then please ‘Refer a Friend’ as part of our Employee Referral Program.
*Bio-Rad does not accept agency CVs, unless the agency has been authorised by a Bio-Rad Recruitment Specialist. We have a zero tolerance policy therefore we will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.