Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,250 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results
Your new position
This role is working collaboratively with the OTC Cash Application Supervisor and wider team to develop and sustain business practices and/or procedures for all related processes and data related to transactional processing for the Order-to-Cash process stream in the EMEA Shared Services organization. This individual will also work with key external/internal partners and will need excellent English & French language skills.
This role must demonstrating timely application of cash to outstanding receivables in an effort to minimize DSOs and help improve cash flow and cash management in a structured fashion for the company. Participating in the team journey to reach stability and absolute accuracy by producing professional outputs, building relationships and demonstrating behaviours to complement our team vision and public profile.
- Work with Cash Application Supervisor and wider teams in the Accounting Shared Services Organization, the ERP solutions team and the business partners to continue to drive process efficiencies through further automation in the EMEA Shared Service organization.
- Processing and driving downward trending for unapplied payments, unidentified payments and reapplications.
- Process in a controlled manner the remittances, direct debits and credit card processing Credit Note management and all corrective activities to ensure we are in line with targets and deadlines.
- Minimize DSOs and improve cash flow and cash management using disciplined accounting
- Identify and resolve all issues for daily Cash Application activity in an effort to prevent any business interruption to our operations ensuring complete and controlled delivery on a daily basis to meet our SLA’s and support our KPI’s
- Participate in financial statement close cycle and operational accounting functions in order to ensure accurate and (timely recording of accounts Receivable transactions to daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual deadline and period close.
- Participate in producing Daily/Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly.
- Annual reporting from the Cash Application outputs to support out compliance to Company Policy Legislation Audit and Regulatory Rules
- Participate in internal/external Meetings and Customer Visits Working off site to support the team delivery and meet our obligations to our Customers as and when required
How you will succeed
- Excellent Telephone manner and written communication required with fluent French and English to ensure accurate communication with regional contacts.
- Good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills for interacting with individuals team members, business partners, management and customers. Knowledge of Treasury, including payment methods, payment types and Cash App Controls.
- Cash Application accounting disciplines desired to achieve excellence and create a can do working environment.
- Positive Can do Attitude
- 2 years SAP User experience with the following modules Credit Management/Cash Applications/Standard Reporting Dispute Management
- Microsoft Suite user (Excel in particular – Intermediate accepted – Advanced preferred)
- At least 2 years of progressive experience in payables processes and data related to transaction processing
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday including extra day for Birthdays
- Onsite parking available with immediate access to Watford Train Station
- As a permanent member of the team we offer Pension matched up to 8%, BUPA cover extending to family & Life Insurance.
If you are interested in this role, click ‘Apply’ with an updated CV. If this role isn’t right for you then please ‘Refer a Friend’ as part of our Employee Referral Program.
*Bio-Rad does not accept agency CVs, unless the agency has been authorised by a Bio-Rad Recruitment Specialist. We have a zero tolerance policy therefore we will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.