The Account Manager, Clinical Diagnostics, will be responsible for the direct sales and customer satisfaction within the designated territory in Hong Kong. He/she will manage and grow our clinical diagnostics business in the given territory.
- Achieve sales, marketing and financial objectives for relevant products.
- Sales of product within approved price range.
- Advise on maintenance of inventory levels so that the Company and customer expectations are met.
- Develop new initiatives to grow sales and profit lines.
- Promote maximum usage of Bio-Rad products on all systems in given customer sites.
- Responsible for coordinating between customers and other departments in the company to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for calling on all current and prospective customers on a regular basis.
- Responsible for ensuring that the company is achieving its objective of customer satisfaction at all times and reports promptly to the Sales Manager of any circumstance where this is not occurring.
- It is expected that 75% of the time is spent in the field.
- Utilize Salesforce Dot Com for business opportunity management.
- Maintain excellent market knowledge of all major prospects and local competitor activities and report this information to the Sales Manager and marketing team.
- Prepare, implement, monitor (set objectives) and achievement of the business plan product portfolio.
- Advise on and recommend product marketing strategies including promotion, advertising, pricing and distribution and join relevant industry societies.
- Liaise with Product Manager/Specialist in the formulation of sales strategies, manage relationships with key opinion leaders across product portfolios.
- Liaise with sales support team in relation to planning, evaluations, demonstrations, installations and post sales support (secondary responsibility).
- Liaise with Service Department to ensure instruments meet specifications and that appropriate levels of maintenance and service are achieved.
- Ensure that customer sites are effectively trained on Bio-Rad systems.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the customers and prospects databases.
- Responsible for conforming to ISO guidelines.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree in Medical or Biomedical/Biosciences with marketing/business qualifications
- Excellent technical and practical knowledge of technologies used in Clinical Diagnostics
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience with proven trade records
- Proven ability to prepare, implement and monitor business/marketing plans
- Good working knowledge of Clinical Diagnostics practices
- Knowledge of the “Sale Process”
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven customer relationship building skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Strong, proactive approach to work
- Results driven
- High level of skills in computer literacy and software usage