The Warehouse Operative is responsible for carrying out all warehouse duties including:
- Ensure all goods received into Store are in good condition and kept in proper storage.
- Accuracy in picking & packing in accordance with SOP/guidelines, ensure all goods are listed on freight Manifest and picked up by forwarders on time.
- Assist transport contractor in the delivery of goods to customers if needed.
- Manage inventory on a FIFO basis unless otherwise directed. Check and dispose expired goods appropriately.
- Conduct cycle counts and stock take as required.
- Maintain Store in a clean and organized state according to GDPMDS requirements. Ensure the warehouse facilities such as cold room, walk-in freezer, pallet jack etc. are maintained in good condition.
Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S)
- Report all perceived hazards to Supervisor or member of OH&S Committee.
- Be aware of requirement for Decontamination Certificate for all incoming used equipment.
- Ensure compliance to GDPMDS/ ISO / Risk Assessment requirements.
- All consignment notes and DG Declarations are complete.
- All goods are correctly labeled and identified
- Dangerous goods are handled and packed to comply with IATA DG regulations.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Minimum GCE ‘O’ Level or equivalent
- At least 3 years work experience in picking/packing in a similar industry and products.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations
- Knowledge of occupational health & safety regulations
- Current IATA DG Accreditation (or ability to obtain same)
- Good written and oral communications
- Accuracy and an eye for detail
- Team worker
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle pressure
- Computer literacy